
Well, I received some bummer news in regards to our hoped for LOA (Letter of Approval to adopt). We had hoped for this document by March 31st and had high hopes we'd be traveling by late April or early May with any luck.
So if you look at this little girl's expression who is waiting for a family, you will know that is how I feel too. I wonder how our son feels about waiting. After all his paperwork was first placed on an agency list May 15th of 2006 (My Birthday, which also happens to be the day he was found!) We found him in the spring of 2006 but didn't decide to proceed with adopting him until Early July 2006.
Apparently the story is CCAA lost our checks from our agency that were to be used for translating& processing our documents. So instead they have been sitting there for the last 6 weeks. Just recently CCAA told our agency about the problem. Our agency over nighted new checks and asked for our dossier to be expedited in light of the fact that it was their error. No such luck, they communicated back that we shouldn't expect our LOA for 2.5 more months...(Late May) disappointing to say the least. (Apparently they are processed and translated now.)
Then we wait another 2-4 weeks (Late June) beyond that to get our TA (travel approval) then they can arrange our trip to China which looks like summer now, (early July) and maybe hitting the Olympic traffic / cost hikes, bummer!
I was really hoping that after my Chinese class final on April 21st that we'd be heading to China! SIGH.....
P.S. Email me at Adriana@Cassani.net if you want to know whose list this little girl is on.
1 comment:
Adriana,
I'm sorry about the delay. The wait is hard enough without messups! I hope you beat the Olympics!!
Post a Comment