Update yes it is finally cooling off enough back here that I am comfortable. I pointed out to them that others could put their coats on or use a blanket. For us well we can't really take off our clothes, as that would be scary. They laughed and went to have the cooling turned up.
Anyway when I mentioned the heat was giving me a headache they went and got me some aspirin type derivative.
I am back in my seat now and - moved CX so that he is sprawled out between us. I am hoping that he sleeps most of the flight since he is grumpy.
I went walking and got some cold water and the stewards gave me a deck of cards for Matthew CX.
Otherwise the food is really good. In fact I sampled the child meal. CX was asleep so he never ate. I think I will order that from now on.
Otherwise I breathed a sigh of relief when we got all seven bags checked. They were under our quota of 23 kg per bag. Some were less than that. So we actually had the guys band our 2 of bags together. You pay them 15 yuan and they run these yellow plastic strips around the bag for you. So the ticket lady said we could bind two together w/o a problem. I was wondering how we would get the soccer ball home. We received a full size one from the foster family all signed with their names.
Traveling hint; - always carry an extra backpack, and duff le bag or two that folds flat in my suitcase. That was on the way home we can throw our dirty clothes into it and pack our souvenirs into it. Saved me many times. This time I bought another duff le bag at walmarts over there for 19 yuan. I did it because by the time I packed up all the gifts (for us and him) and belongings from the foster parents for him, we had filled an entire suitcase!
So no over baggage charges. Yeah! I was worried they'd weigh our crayons but we lucked out. Since we checked our bags clear through to SFO we didn't have to go to the ticket counter. We just went to the transfer desk instead. They have no scales. To be on the safe side we also checked my carry on which seems to be a problem ever since we left Guilin. So I had to haul all my pearls, jade and jewelry etc. In my backpack along with all the documents.
In any event I will be glad to get home to the kids. I am sad for my son's sake that we are leaving China but otherwise happy to be going home. Most all excited for CX to meet his new forever family.
We stop in Calif. Over night for my oldest son's graduation. I will get to see my granddaughter. Who is nearly 8 months old. She is adorable and her mom takes such good care of her. She could be working at her past prestigious and well paying job as an interior decorator/stager for homes. However she makes the sweet sacrifice to be home for her daughter. Thus ensuring she will have a brighter and more secure future with a healthy foundation.
My new grandson was 10 lb. 9 oz. So by the time I get a chance to see him he will be 1/2 grown. He was born with a head of hair and he is already plump and dimpled.
As for CX he just woke up at 7 am China time and we have four more hours to go. I have actually been able to sleep some. Amazingly enough - stretched my legs out next to Matthew/CX. and was able to keep them from going numb. So that let me sleep some.
Anyway I resorted to letting him play movies on demand but couldn't find any kid ones in Chinese so far. So now he is playing Nintendo on the movie screen thing on the seat in front of him.
Well after about a half hour he popped out and he and Dad are back to sleep. I guess Dad can stay up with him then.
As for me I was just talking to some ladies who sang in Bali and Thailand as a choir. Pretty cool what they do. I had the opportunity to share with them about some of the choirs in the orphanages in China.
As for me I realized as I was talking with these ladies that I hadn't shared much about the foster visit. So I will in a future email.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
No comments:
Post a Comment