Saturday, July 19, 2008

Reunion is sweet

What a relief to see Jane Horton's family waiting for us at the baggage area. Jaynie her daughter (like I said before) is one of Chunxian's best friend's from China.
He was having a melt down and dragging his feet when we got off the plane. I am guessing anxiety, fear, and. Jet lag.
Anyway I kept asking him in Chinese to come along. He was being difficult and while I have empathy for him , we also had people waiting. So I asked him if he wanted me to take his back pack. He said no then he lagged behind and stopped. David didn't want to give him a ride in cart. So I grabbed. His hand and started walking him. He started having a fit and then started bawling. Oh well let's keep going. I knew once we saw Jaynie he'd be fine. Sure enough he was still mad as a wet jen when he saw them. However when they presented to him their skate board. He lit up and we finally got a big smile. The clouds cleared and the tears dried up.
After that he perked up. And our boy we know and love emerged. He started clowning around and laughing and talking in Chinese. Poor Jaynie has lots a lot of her Chinese. So she kept asking me what Matthew was saying. Fortunately CX didn't catch on that she didn't follow him completely.
Then I asked him to give her a hug and they both laughed looked at each other and then at us. Their look said are you guys crazy?
In any event we gave her family olympic T-shirts. Then CX gave her two of his coveted Olympic characters he has slept with every night. It was really sweet. I about cried.
Anyway after a half hour visit and him testing out his skate board, we reluctantly parted.
We are looking forward to seeing them at our local FCC chapter group of Utah Valley Chinese families. We are having a barbecue in a few weeks.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: