Well we had a melt down tonight. Much as I expected. Poor kid, we put him to bed and it wasn't more than 5 minutes before I heard the sniffing. I gave him his photo book intentionally because I wanted him to release all his pent up emotions. Sure enough it started with in the first few pages and he began to howl. Poor kid was trying to be so brave. I decided this was a good time to hold him and do some bonding. I let him cry his heart out and keep talking to him softly in Chinglish . We went through nearly an entire box of kleenex. Eventually he calmed down enough and decided to hop into his bed. I tucked him and with less than 3 minutes he was sound asleep. I am glad I was able to comfort him. The good thing is he allowed me to hold him wrapped in a blanket near my chest to comfort him.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment